This webpage contains important information you need to know before registering. Please read it carefully before submitting.
The following Terms and Conditions govern and apply to your use of or reliance upon the website maintained by the Farabius Academy of Music (the "Website.")
By accessing the Website at https://www.farabius.net (the "Service") operated by the Farabius Academy of Music, you agree to be bound by these terms of service and use of this Website, all applicable laws and regulations. You agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. Your continued use of the Website will be considered your acceptance of the revised Terms of Service and Use.
If you are under the age of 17, you must have your parent or guardian consent to your use of the Services. If you are under the age of 17 and have not obtained consent from your parent or guardian to use the services, you must immediately cease all use of the Site and the Services.
As we obtain only the information necessary to assist you with the transaction you require, we operate under the understanding that you have agreed to provide us with this Personal Information voluntarily and with knowledge of this Term of Service and Use whenever you do so.
To withdraw consent to the collection, use and disclosure of data, you may contact us via email@example.com. You may request that your account and all associated data be removed at any time, though this means that you immediately lose access to the Services.
1. All intellectual property on the Website and Platform (excluding Content provided by users) is owned by the Farabius Academy of Music. Permission is granted to temporarily access the materials (information or software) on Farabius' website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. All content on the Website, including but not limited to text, software, graphics, photos, designs, sound, video, music, sheet music, applications, and all other content, is a collective work under Canadian and other copyright laws and is the proprietary property of the Company; all rights reserved.
2. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by the Farabius Academy of Music at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession, whether in electronic or printed format.
Farabius cares deeply about the minor students, and we strive to give the best experience for them. Parents may be present at lessons for young students, for note-taking in class and helping practice at home.
Course Refund Policy
We want you to be satisfied, so if you are registered and unable to attend, a full refund will be made to you, after subtracting the current costs of the review materials. If you withdraw before the 2nd class, 75% of the course cost will be refunded after subtracting the current costs of the review materials—NO REFUND AFTER the 2nd CLASS.
Sheet Music Refund Policy:
All sheet music is not returnable.
Missed Lessons, Reschedule, and Make-up Lessons:
-Lesson date/time will depend on the teacher's weekly schedule and availability.
-Guaranteed make-up lessons for student absences will be limited to 1 per teaching semi-semester (three months) for classes.
-If you missed your lesson, a notice of absence must be received 24 hours before your lesson to be able to reschedule a make-up class; otherwise, a make-up lesson will not be granted. Lateness for the lesson will not be compensated.
-If students/parents do not confirm or indicate their availability for times when scheduled for make-ups, they may be lost.
-No make-ups are carried forward from the previous semester.
-No make-up lessons will take place if a student misses any group class. A make-up lesson will take place in the teacher's absence.
-No show-ups without 24 hours' notice will be charged as a missed lesson.
-Farabius reserves the right to cancel any lesson at any time without advance notice or liability due to connection problems or emergencies. Make-up lessons will be scheduled (date and time are subject to availability).
-If the teacher cancels a lesson, classes will be rescheduled. If rescheduling is not possible, the registration period will be extended to cover cancelled lessons.
-Teachers can reschedule on a different day within the registration period.
-Students must confirm a lesson date/time with a minimum of 24-hour advance notice.
-No lesson time will be made up if a student connects late for any lesson.
-It is strongly recommended that students commit to attending weekly lessons regularly. A reasonable level of commitment is necessary for the learning and development of musical skills.
All email communication regarding music lessons must go to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept lesson-related emails to any of our other email accounts.
Farabius Music Academy reserves the right to have a supply teacher teach a lesson in the event a teacher is absent or unavailable. If the Farabius Music Academy cannot provide a supply teacher, the students will receive a make-up lesson for each lesson a teacher is away. If an instructor plans to be away for an extended period of time, a supply teacher will be arranged.
-Proof of payment is provided on a monthly/12-session/24-session basis, which will be emailed to you electronically upon confirmation of your payment.
-Your upfront monthly payment reserves your seat, lesson date and time for each week in our classrooms.
-Farabius reserves the right to suspend students for non-payment or inappropriate conduct during the class.
Audio and Video Recording Policy:
-Students must not record any portion of a session without the prior permission of the course instructor.
-The unauthorized use of any form of device to audiotape, photograph, video-record, course notes or teaching materials provided by teachers is prohibited. Students must obtain prior consent to such recording.
-We do not guarantee that our products are fully compatible with any third-party software. We do not issue refunds if our products are incompatible with any third-party software.
-We recommend contacting us for assistance if you experience any issues receiving or downloading our products.
All students will receive an evaluation form via email at the end of each semi-semester. Your feedback is extremely important to us to improve the quality of our future review classes.
Additional Terms for Teachers:
The teachers who sign up for the Service agree and acknowledge that:
1. Certain personal information, including but not limited to images, videos, course material, personal profile, biography, will be shared with students and other selected users of the Service.
2. The teacher must start and finish each lesson on time.
3. The teacher will not hold the Company accountable for any use or misuse of such personal information by students or another third party.
4. The Farabius Academy of Music will also use the above-mentioned personal information for marketing and advertising purposes.
5. The teacher needs to do all the setup ready for taking classes, including but not limited to a laptop, iPad, internet connection, musical instrument, teaching aids, study materials, worksheets, etc.
6. Teachers must follow Farabius Music Academy's term calendar and not miss more than one teaching day each term (three months)
7. Making a direct deal with the student is strictly prohibited, and if the teacher is found to be doing this, their account can be suspended from the Service.
8. Teachers will be paid their fees after they submit the attendance on their platforms. The Company would then submit the payment to the bank, and the amount will be paid within six business days.
9. Teachers must behave courteously and respectfully towards all students regardless of their age, ability, or practice level.
We may terminate or suspend your account immediately without prior notice or liability for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.